Followers

10/29/2015

Halloween by Northwoods

Good evening. Welcome. As promised, back with my 2nd Halloween card. This one is for DH - so excuse the skull motif. He likes that look, I don't! (shudder). So let's get 'er going:



- Northwoods wreath image (from Stampaway show - yippee). Stamped with Tuxedo Black on copic Xpress paper, colored with copics and WoS, a Sakura silver star gel pen on the spider webs. Fun & fast to color. Die Cut with an MFT Stitched circle that fit the wreath size & DI Weathered wood smudged along the edges of the die cut with a finger dauber.

- orange background created with Silk acrylics - orange and yellow shades, puddled on a craft sheet, and spritzed with water. This paper was Canson Mixed Media paper - think it's 98#...fairly lightweight. Smooshed c/s through the puddles, and got 3 backgrounds with one play. [Used 140# W/color on one that is pleasing, but too heavy for this card]. While the piece was still wet, spritzed with a gold Tattered Angels spray; dropped in some orange Brusho crystals with a very light 'fifft' Sepia Color burst (which is more powdery and harder for me to control placement.) Used a very light touch with the Sepia, but still got a big blob in a hidden spot. The Sepia has some pretty shading to it, but am finding the crystals give more exact placement for me. Used an old C/B EF to emboss once it dried over night.

- black paper chosen for the skull motif - from 6x6 Recollections Halloween Basics, purchased recently.

- Spiderweb border from a snippet of black glitter paper (lightweight) punched with a Martha Stewart punch.

- Sizzix Halloween thinlets dies to cut the spooky & Halloween sentiments..both from snippets. Bats & witches punched from small Bazzill snippet using an MS punch. Debating on whether to add some black WoS for a little pizzazz.

There's a big party going on over at the Snippets Playground to celebrate Week 200! YAY! I am a latecomer to the show, but I hear there's been ROWDY doin's and I wanted to be certain I didn't miss out on too much. There's already some superlative entries into the challenge, and Wow on the highlights too. Awesome. I hope I have enough snippets on this one, that Parsnip will let me slip through the gate. If you hurry, there's still a bit of time left with Mr. Linky and Miss has a good prize this week. Check it out!!!

Also do check out the Cards by Friends tab at the top of _this_ blog, as another wonderful card has been added - which is going on the mantel with the others we've been blessed to receive.

As always thanks for popping in to visit. A friend reminded me today - always choose to be Happy, no matter what the day brings. I know that, but every now & again, it's good to get reminded.
Big Hugs & come again when you can.

37 comments:

  1. North woods has some of the best ever Halloween stamps! Love your hubby's card, Mary! Thanks for sharing it, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's definitely a little spooky for sure - your your hubs is going to love it too! Great use of all the snippets on this Mary. Pretty background and great use of the different mediums!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card! I love how you expressed Pffft:) I have some of these but haven't used them yet. I think the orange and black work well with the white centre and those pumpkins are just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Mary,....so much work with all those different backgrounds,colours and layers.....love that pumpkin stamp! ...know what you mean about the skull! Men! ....xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to see you, Mary, here and over at Pixie's for the big celebration! I think you did an awesome job on this card, but I'm with you on the skull (shudder)! I like cute and candy, in reverse order, haha!! Be well, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary, Another lovely Halloween card.

    Hope you have a fab Friday. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. A clever combination of the darker side along with the more traditional sweet elements of the pumpkins Mary. And the embossing in the background also helps to soften the finished look, yet will still appeal to hubby I am sure.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely spooky, Mary!!!! And those smiling pumpkins are so sweet!!! You've really got a great bg that has the circle really pop!!! Surely hubby is going to love this!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Mary, what a fabby card - just perfect for Halloween. Loads of snippety detail too I see - hubby will love it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look like you've found your groove again, Mary! This is a wonderful Halloween card! I love this stamp and that Jack with all the teeth makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A brilliant card for Hubby, I hope you will be rewarded with candy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. If he is into spooky he will love this card I like the half on the right LOL........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just noticed your pedestal it is GORGEOUS..................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not much on skulls either but this one is actually cute and the pumpkins are darling, you made it a cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a gorgeous spooky card for your DH Mary and I love the black with the orange and the beautifully inked and embossed background which shows off your fun pumpkins and bats so well. I love the witch on the broomstick and the cobweb border, but the skull like you I'm not sure about, but your DH will love it so that's the main thing. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super card Mary, I love your images and papers, I'm sure your DH will love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spooktacular!! I love all of the details you added!! The colors and texture are awesome!! What a fun card!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!!! Mary, this card is stunning, a true piece of art! Wonderful details and design! You have worked a lot on it! Any detail is perfect and all the pieces matches wonderfully! A great halloween card!Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great design Mary, love the pumpkins going round in the circle, the background is fabulous, the bats and the web finish it all off a treat, it's fabulous Mary, love it!
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the skull addition Mary, I am with hubby in the horror front. You are so good to make him a card like this when you really don't like the spook! Your card is fabulous!

    Thank you for your recent comments too, they are much appreciated my friend! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a fabulous Halloween card, love everything about it.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow fabulous & gorgeous Halloween card, your DH should love it. Happy Halloween ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic Halloween card for your DH Mary, these are brilliant stamps & colours, love how you have combined the die to, to great a great layout.
    Hugs
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the skull - it's all about Halloween after all, right? Your hubby will get a kick out of it I'm sure. I love the spooky feel of it all and the embossed panel along with the glittery sentiment make this one fun Halloween card! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your home-made background paper, Mary and what an awesome Halloween wreath. A lot of time and thought has gone in to this masterpiece with all those embellishments that were added. I'm sure hubby will appreciate it though!Especially the skull!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is my FAVOURITE Hallowe'en card so far! Just glorious.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Texture-y, sparkly, spooky, Mary ... and a touch of shudder from me too for the skull!! A fabulous halloween card! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm happy to see you using your Northwood stamps from Stampaway. The cards are so cute. Happy Halloween. I am so far behind with my blogs but it has been a terrible month and I'm just starting to come back visiting the blogs. Thanks for the reminder to get happy. I'm trying to get mine back!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous spooky card, Mary, the detailing is great. Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  30. Halloween cards are grand!
    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  31. A brilliant Halloween card Mary, your Halloween wreath is fabulous and you have created a perfect background for it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  32. it's a stunner! Happy Halloween!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Perfect for a ghoulish male Mary, love your design. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a cute wreath & I love the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Whatever your preferences it's nice to make a card which suits the receiver's taste and likings and it sounds like you accomplished this.... Your card has plenty of great Halloween details, both spooky and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fabulous Halloween card love the pumpkins and great skull paper
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a fun card. I like all the details you have added. That skull is quite spooky I have to admit.

    ReplyDelete