Followers

3/07/2015

DeeDee's Digis - Irish Blessings for St. Patrick's Day

Hello & good evening! Reminder to my USA friends, change that clock tonight. Daylight Savings Time starts tomorrow. I will be pleased to have longer evening daylight. Since we don't have little ones to get ready for school, I get up late anyway, the longer morning dark won't bother me at all.

Tonight's card is made with a precolored DeeDee's Digi,  This Irish Blessing set is priced so inexpensively at $2.75 (for the non-EU residents) and has papers, sentiments, designs, and made a fast card this evening. Here goes:

- Irish Blessing precolored digi printed twice. One image die cut with Lil Inker Stitched Circle. Fussy cut the 2nd one, did a little dimension with the stylus, added a bit of copic shading and some WoS. Popped it over the circle image.  Used some gold sequins (Pot o'gold ya know) and then added 1 green sequin in the shamrocks. May have overdone the sequin thing, as it's not an embellishment I normally use.

-Background is made from Brusho crystals - BUT...it's the mop up piece from another effort. When the w/c paper gets spritzed after the crystals are sprinkled about, there's a good amount of 'run-off'. A shame to waste all this color, so what I have been doing is to blot with another piece of w/c c/stock. This time used a small brush and picked up the running colors and just swiped across a 2nd sheet of white w/c c/stock. It made a wonderful 2nd background, just not as intense as the 1st one (which you will see later). Oh I've had such fun experimenting lately.

- embossed this background with an EF. There's a shamrock EF living here somewhere, but do you think I could find it?

- added some lace, thin green ribbon. Most of which is covered up by the sentiment.  The lace is thick enough that it makes a 'bubble' when attaching the front piece to the cardbase. Today's mail had some thin packing material wrapped around some bottles. I'm not sure what this stuff is called...it's much thinner than fun foam. Decided to add 2 layers to the card front before adhering to the base, and it lifted this piece up just enough so the lace doesn't make a bumpy spot.

- Sentiment font is a freebie from Dafonts.Com and computer generated. The capital letters have stylized design, which didn't show well, so used a green pen and darkened. Die cut with Lil Inker Square die, used a green pin to highlight the stitching. Shamrock in the top right corner covers a blob where I didn't get the stitch inked very neatly! :-) But I was going to have them on the square anyway...just had to place it strategically.

- MBox tiny shamrocks from a very teensy snippet of white c/s...colored with copics. Ain't they cute?

Hope you like this one, and will go check out this cute set over at DeeDee's Digi's. There are also some very nice Easter themed Digis available as well.

Thanks for visiting, hope you had a lovely Saturday. Ours was very sunny, gorgeous blue sky, in the low 60's, but didn't feel that warm to me. We had a most quiet day...read, took a nap, did NOT do any of the house chores which I should have. What more could one ask for a pleasant day?! Hugs.

39 comments:

  1. Nice job with this digi from Deedee. I think it was a good idea to use sequins for gold. Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh my fav lady and blog, well one of them...LOVE this ever so cute card and image...sweet.
    Re the dies I have around 500 + including the bits in the middles, and yes I do use them at some stage in the last 4 years.xxx
    [wanna come over and play with them?]
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, this is a lovely card, great image, love the little snail!

    Your the opposite to me Mary, I'm always up early, it's 5.23am here, the birds have just started singing!

    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been getting some unusual and wicked weather in your part of the country, so I'm delighted to hear it was sunny for you today, Mary! I love the St. Pat's cards you are making! Looks like I'm skipping that holiday this year, so it's fun to see it happening at your place!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a perfect day Mary!....and as a fellow retiree I too love the dark mornings to snuggle under the duvet for that bit longer
    that a great St Pats day card...lovely vibrant colours...hope the rest of the weekend is good...and maybe crafty?...hugs xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card, love the happy colours and design.
    Our clocks don't change yet and I sure wish they did. Makes such a difference to get longer days.
    Enjoy this one
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card.

    Glad you've had the sun. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. we don't change our clocks till later this month but is already lighter longer each evening-love the image and embossed background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card!! Love the embossing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Mary. I have yet to try adding copic shading to a printed image. I might give it a go one of these days, it looks so effective. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous design Mary, beautiful embossed background with the mop up piece. I was away so now trying to catch up on all the lovely designs! Happy Weekend, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card, Mary! I love DeeDee's images. What a fun background. Can't wait to see the other one. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You have been busy, Mary! Love card designs and such fabulous write ups - I'm leaving a comment on this one. LOVE the background and pretty shades of green with your darling HSP snail - the yellow bow really pops things out! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful St. Patty's card Momma Mary! I love that image, will have to go check out this set. Love your extra shading, and that fabulous background. I think your little shamrocks are adorable!! It was sunny here too and so beautiful looking out the window. We started the day off at -8 and got to the 30's with some wind. Still chilly but not freeze cold like it has been. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous card, Mary!! The image is adorable!! The snail is so cute!! I love the background color and embossing!! Perfect for St. Patty's Day!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a lovely St. Pat's card Mary and the colours in the background from your Brusho mopping up session, and the embossing adds extra prettiness. I adore the lace and the added sequins. I keep meaning to buy some as they are a great embellishment idea. Glad your weather is fine and sunny at the moment. We have had a few nice bright days recently, and the sun definitely has warmth in it now! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd rather have a pot of gold, but the shamrocks are too cute to pass up! CUTE and pretty, pretty card. Great idea on saving the leftovers from using Brusho's too. Fantastic card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Mary loving the embossing! huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A cute image on this one Mary, and I like the pretty green you achieved in the lovely embossed background. Sweet little shamrocks too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute St Patrick's Day card! I just love that little snail by the pot of 4-leaf clovers and the background looks so pretty too! Great sequin accents!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice job! I'm liking the gnome/ leprechan in the previous post too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mary, I just love how you enhance pre-colored digis. (I'm too lazy, I guess, to do that - LOL!) Your background is amazing. We had great weather both yesterday and today. But rain in due the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super card Mary, lovely image and I love the embellishments, especially the little gold sequins, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great use of the digi Mary, a lovely card. US clock changing has caused mayhem over here with people sharing FB posts without checking the facts! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a brilliant creation Mary, love all the shades of green and the lovely pot of shamrock, great background too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your 'mop up' background looks fabulous and the Digi looks beautiful as your topper. I like the sequin you added to the shamrock too - the perfect finishing touch! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Mary, love your amazing card design, gorgeous image with a cute snail!!.. your background is fabulous again with those Brushos...love the colors..
    Hugs Pam

    ReplyDelete
  28. I played a bit with the Brushos yesterday! Thanks for the mop up idea! I'll remember to do that next time! Love your green background and the pot of shamrocks! I like it being darker in the morning too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Mary, this is just so fun. The background you created is just so beautiful for your wonderful St. Patrick's Day card.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a fun card with that cute little snail! Awesome background - from a "mop up" - I guess I do need to be more frugal with mine! Love the addition of the little gems too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love all the cute little clover leaves you've got there, Mary and the snail is so sweet!!! (Never thought that I would ever say a snail is sweet!!! LOL!!!) Lovely bright green and lovely embossing!!! So cute!!!
    Have a lovely day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  32. HI Mary! I love your St. Patrick's Day inspired Deedee's card - I was on her DT in the very beginning and know of her great work - your card is amazing and festive and the colors just POP! Your Deedee's card came across my feeder and I'm so glad it did - your blog is amazing! New follower and love your work :)
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Another beautiful St Patrick's day card. Love the design and the gorgeous bright colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi! I love the digi you used and you colored it so beautifully! I also love the ribbons and all the shamrocks..so pretty! Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog! It is much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so cute Mary! I love the design, so festive!!! Have a wonderful day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great card- love the image and very nice background! I too love playing with products and new techniques. I have never played with Brusho- looks like fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh! Mary, this is lovely, I haven't seen this image, as I don't do any St Pat's Day cards, I hadn't looked. You have made a beautiful card with it and love those ribbons too and the "stitching" around the sentiment. Great embossing too.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such a cool and texture-y background on your Saint Patrick's Day card, Mary ... so pretty! Hope you're having an equally wonderful day today! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your mop up piece is fabulous. That image is super cute and I love that you tweaked a pre-colored piece. So may little details.

    ReplyDelete