Followers

8/26/2014

Rudolph Day August 2014

Good Evening. I'm not sure just what I've accomplished today, but I know I've been busy all day (and no nap either!). Thanks for joining me, and please help me welcome 2 new followers:

Diana L. of DLART and Kate of I Love Socks and Cards!. Thank you, ladies, for joining here as new followers. I'm so happy to have you along on this journey with me. I hope my readers will pay a visit to both these great blogs and settle in for some wonderful inspiration.

Here's my cards for Rudolph Day, 2014. I got a couple of the card size Die'Sire dies from Crop Stop recently, because I had seen some beautiful cards on some of the UK blogs using these fabulous dies. I used Die'sire Create-A-Card Christmas Dies - Christmas Eve - Veille De Noel. I think I have a learning curve with these dies. This one cut quite well, but didn't emboss as I expected. I suspect it's Operator Error, so I want to see if I can find some video demo's showing exactly how to use these dies properly.

 
 
The Die'sire die cut the silvery-blue glitter paper, but the red background piece was also cut with the same die. The center portion was separated from the red piece, and popped up with mounting tape onto the silver die cut. It's not showing the embossing effect well at all, and I did this the way I usually do. Some Metallic WoLunas were used on the deer, and some red smooch (looks like nail polish).  Another piece of the same red paper was used to cover the white card base, which had to be hinged, as I used an 8.5 x 11" sheet of paper to cut the base. This card is approx. 6x6.
 
- MBox poinsettia- cut twice to add fullness, Impression Obsession holly die, Cheery Lynn holly flourish, red rhinestones for the berries, and Elizabeth Craft sentiment. All these pieces were cut from snippets.
 
This card does NOT do the die justice, but I liked the card.
 



 
Pale green sheet music paper covers the base of this card, with the other red die cut used over the top of music dp. I didn't try to emboss this one.
 
- Wreath & bow were cut from snippets of glitter papers as was the Elizabeth Craft sentiment. The wreath is green glitter paper, but looks a bit minty in the photo.
 
So these 2 cards are off to join the August Rudolph Day Challenge.
 
Tomorrow I'm going with a friend to a Silhouette demonstration (or workshop..not sure what it's properly called.) The Silhouette rep will be at our local stamp store which is about 45 minutes north of where we live.  I don't think we'll be doing any 'work' - but just listening, asking questions, watching. Should be fun. I hope to get caught up with comments on Thursday! Until then, thanks for popping in. Big Hugs. Also many thanks for the support of my 4 TCBH taggees on the 25th. I learned a lot about each one of them, and each had a lovely post I thought. I appreciated them allowing me to tag them for participating in the Hop.
 


41 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous cards Mary! Thank you for following my blog and the sweet comments. I love your blog here and so many beautiful cards. I am now a follower of you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are great. I am rather partial to the first one though. I like the subtle background of the second card. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Mary I think the card and the die look fabulous together, great cards and love that wreath.
    A question, apart from the gelli paper what other paper can you use. I have just ordered some of the gelli one but as it is coming from the UK will take around 8 days, so just wondering...just found out the nursing home is in lock down for 8 days due to the flu and virus going around, poor dad won't understand why we can't visit him, he is Polish and when upset doesn't understand and can't hear on the phone...this is a disaster so will need to keep busy..xxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards Mary - despite your travails :-).
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fab makes Mary, love the glittery card/paper xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card.

    Enjoy the Silhouette demo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards. I have been eyeing up those dies too. They are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool dies on these - such detail. Wonderful traditional colors and texture too. Thanks for your visit to my blog too Mary. I have become your newest follower - us Southern girls have got to stick together! Hope your seminar/presentation is fun - if not, at least you had a good excuse for a visit to the craft store. LOL! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Mary, what a stunning card, the dies are marvellous, and you have done them justice, colours are gorgeous too.
    Thank you so much for the lovely welcome too, and I got a new visitor because of it, have a great day, whereever you are on the clock, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary,
    2 beautiful Rudolf cards.
    Beautiful colours and so lovely.
    I really like these dies used especially the holly flourish. Hmmmmm
    I think me sees a purchase coming on.
    I think these dies are a Crafters Companion, and they have their own sort of U Tube vidios on their dies, and products.
    I will check and let you know.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary, it's me again here is the link to the video tut on your dies.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/CraftersCompanion1/videos
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful cards Mary, lovely dies. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both your cards are beautiful, Mary!! I love all the bright red and the shimmer!! Lovely dies!!
    Have a great day and enjoy the Silhouette demo!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful cards Mary, have fun at the workshop/demonstration.
    hugs, Veerle x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are beautiful Mary. I love the glitteriness of the first with the gorgeous poinsettia and holly to finish,and the glittery wreath and bow with the music backing against that beautiful red background, so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see so much shimmer and shine on that first card! WOW! BOTH are so beautiful. Amazing work Mary!
    Have fun at the workshop/demonstration!
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are quite lovely Momma Mary! I do see what you mean about the sharp areas on the first card. That is a cool die though and even though the embossing didn't emboss as deep as you wanted you can still see it. I'm sure when you watch more video's you will get some tips on how to get a deeper embossing. The second card is lovely too, I am really loving that wreath. Both are great traditional colors and dies. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both cards are beautiful Mary, I do not have any of those dies, so I do not know if there is a special way to use them . Hope YouTube will be of some assistance. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of your cards are gorgeous, Mary!! The glitter papers look amazing!! I love the dies you used - I'm going to have to check them out!! Fabulous as always!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely cards Mary great dies and love your colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these traditional Christmas colors and all the sparkle! You're filing up that Christmas card box!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very beautiful Christmas card. The glittery feel brings the season near :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two fabulous cards Mary love that top one the intricacy of the die cut is awesome love the colours and design of both cards.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both cards are really gorgeous Mary! so lovely..huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey!! Beautifully made Christmas card Mary. Your new follower Kate is a friend of mine - I love reading her posts as well as seeing her pretty makes.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely gorgeous Christmas cards, love the sparkle.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely dies and two very lovely cards you have made with them. I think you will find the video helpful. I did for my one.
    Have fun at the silhouette demonstration. It can do so much, so I am sure there will be lots for you to see. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great Rudolph Day cards,the dies are lovely. I really like all the sparkly paper you used in the first one.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two fabulous glittery cards Mary and some gorgeous dies. Great colours too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Two gorgeous cards. Not heard of those dies before. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That first card looks very sparkly, just right for Christmas. I like the simplicity of your second card. They are very different but both wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your cards are just beautiful. The die cuts are fabulous as are your color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Two beautiful Christmas cards Mary ... especially love the intricate design with the reindeer --- wow! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those dies are really cool. And the cards you made are beautiful. I love all the sparkle. I hope you had/ are having fun at the Silhouette demo today.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a pretty pair of Christmas beauties! I love all the sparkle and shimmer, and especially the wreath and bow on the 2nd one! Nice job on both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wonderful cards Mary... hadnt heard of these quite different and effective. If you're going to silhouette demo maybe the lady might know something about using the dies. My desire folders emboss beautifully.. only have two but dont cut as well. Have you tried it on plain card as maybe the glittery one thats the problem. Shaz in Oz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Mary

    I'm playing catch up after returning from holiday - hence the late comment!

    I see you've made two very pretty die cut cards here. Hope you enjoyed the Silhouette demo too.

    Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day.

    Hugs, Sarn! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh these are beautiful, bright Christmas cards Mary! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Both are very pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I also have days when I'm busy, but at the end of the day I wonder just what I've accomplished! (Washing, ironing, changing bedlinen... It's not very memorable, is it?)

    Your Rudolph cards are ace, I love the glitter!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete