Followers

1/08/2014

Mulberry Wood Sweet Love

Hi Ya, and Good Morning. We have sunshine, the temps are warming up, one scheduled 'fixit' tech has showed up as promised, and we are waiting on another one. I finished a card last night, so here we go:


- Mulberry Wood image (Sweet Love), stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Xpress paper, colored with copics, spica pens & Wink of Stella. The image is adhered with dimensional foam onto the border panel.

- My Favorite Things Die-namics circle die that has the piercing in the die. Love it! I'm trying to find the oval set. Smudged Victorian Velvet & Pickled Raspberry while still in the die.

- Dylusions Background: Cherry Pie, Postbox Red sprays that were diluted with white linen. Teal and Fresh Lime diluted with water. Perfect Pearls copper lightly spritzed after the Dylusions layer had dried. (This was a background I had done earlier, and thought it looked nice with the image.  ??).

- Border is matted with black rectangle that opens & has some punched heart shapes that were embossed with a Darice hearts EF, then used Versamark & added some Sparkle n Sprinkles white detail to one heart, peppermint stick to the other heart. A Valentine verse will be added to the card insert. Heart paper is a a snippet from Basic Gray 6x6 Kneehigh. Black matting was also a snippet.

The January 2014 challenge theme over at Penny Black and More is Love is in the Air so I'll be linking this little bear as it looks like love to me! I think this one might just go to DH...

So hope you'll give that challenge a look-in, as I'm sure you have plenty of Valentine cards to share!

Since there are a few snippets in use on this card, and since I missed several weeks over at the Snippets Playground, I think I shall go check on the fence repair progress, and see if the goat has turned up. C'mon along if you can. The weather may be frosty but the welcome will certainly be warm. Just bring along your snippety card as a ticket to enter in the fun.

Our next repair tech just called that he is on his way, so I'm off. We just discovered that our natural gas hot water heater pilot is out; DH's back doesn't want him crouching down to relight it, so have still another fella on call that we hope will show up later. Else we will be getting cold showers, and it's much too chilly for that to be fun! Have a great day, stay warm and come back again when you can visit.  Hugs

36 comments:

  1. I really like the circle die with the piercing in the post. That really adds a little something to it. I didn't realize that was a Penny Black stamp. So sweet. I haven't paid attention to Penny Black in a long time and shame on me for that. Thanks for sharing your sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! What a sweet image!! She's colored so beautifully!! And the background looks fabulous!! I hope you get your water heater fixed soon!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh Momma Mary, I thought you had sewed on this card! I think more of the dies should have the holes in like this cause it is just adorable and you have colored it up perfectly. Hope that pilot light gets lit because it is much to chilly for a cold shower!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, your image is just adorable and I do like your Dylusions background. That little teddy is just too sweet.
    Oh, hope your repair techs get in and out fast. I hate when they have to come to my house.

    Our fourteen degrees this morning was so much better than the 4 degrees we had yesterday. We're warming up and I'm soooooooo happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary,
    what a super, super card. I love that images and your super design.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny l.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cute image and I like your Dylusions background, lovely colours.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Mary, can't get over how well the background goes with that adorable image!

    Maybe when your gas boiler man finishes he can hop over here and fix us up a new Playground fence - right now it's hard getting guys to even come and estimate/quote for the work!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those dies from MFT on sitting on my wish list right now!!
    Love this cute, cute card! Super sweet and that background looks great.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable image and wonderfully colored! Fun card Mary! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card. Love the background you made. I'm too afraid to play with the sprays yet myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just adorable, and I'm new to that MFT circle die with piercing! Cool! You might just be an enabler ;)
    Cold showers in this bitter cold? I don't think so Tim! LOL I hope you got that pilot light back on quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi mary, a very cute and colourful valentine creation! love all the techniques you've used and the floating heart. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    p.s. loves rubberstamps sells the MFT pierced ovals

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute Mary! and I love those pierced dies they are next on my 'to buy' list LOL Hope you got your pilot sorted and no cold showers huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mary,
    It was a delight to see your sweet comment on my blog and loved your visit :). Thank you so much for following me :) And your card is simply cute :) Love those papers. Hope you'll visit me again :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mary, Happy New Year! I hope your water heater gets fixed soon! This image is adorable and so beautifully coloured. I love the background you've created too :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Mary-Happy new Year ;)
    What a sweet card-very cute image-i'm sorry i have missed so many of your lovely creations whilst i have been away-all sorted now and i am back on track-so i will see you soo-oh,hope you get your hot water back on,the thought of cold showers brrrrrr !!!
    Hugs,Nessa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet card Mary. Your inked and spritzed paper works beautifully with your DP and cute image.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Penny Black and More this month and we hope you will join us for our next challenge.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card. Sweet image. I love the idea of the piercing already in the die!! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Caroline,
    I love this card, it is absolutely beautiful.
    Thank you.
    I hope that you have a fantastic day.
    Love and best wishes.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning Mary . . . nicely designed card with a cute image. What's not to love?

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your dylusions backgrounds Mary. Your image is adorable and that circle die cut is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a sweet Penny Black stamp and love the heart shaped balloon. You've made a super background, and it goes perfectly with the image. A lovely card Mary. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. So very sweet - too cold to think about anything except snow. Would someone please tell me why we don't get snow!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there! Such a pretty card - I really love the red balloon against the fresh colours of your gorgeous background :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Mary,

    What a cute little valentine! I need to get a card and ATC made this weekend - hopefully. My wish list of crafting to-dos is getting longer by the minute!

    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  27. Darling card, Mary! I love PB stamps - such gorgeous images. and a good variety, too - from cute to beautiful in an assortment of styles! your background is darling! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Mary, Happy New Year. Darling card design and fabulous bright colors.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a sweet card! Now, if only the sun was shinning! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina! ( want to play in my Royal challenge?? )

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh Mary...this is such a sweetie of a Valentine! Great image and colouring. The background is superb as always!

    ReplyDelete
  31. A very sweet card Mary, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute card Mary, such a sweet image and the Dylusions background looks great : )

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome card!! love the background

    ReplyDelete
  34. such sweetness! Love the pretty, clear colors in your darling card, Mary! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  35. So adorable! Darling image and fabulous sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at penny black and more!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sorry Mary l don't know how l missed this one, darling little stamp and such a beautiful card - hope you made one for your DH too. Take care x
    Thank you for joining the Penny Black & More @ Allsorts 'Love is in the Air; challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete