Followers

1/10/2014

Friday Fun Day Challenge

Happy Friday and welcome to Friday's Fun Day Challenge #32 at Jo's Scrap Shack where the theme is "Anything Goes". I invite you to join in & play along with us. Here's my card:

 
I would like to extend a warm welcome to a new follower Sarah George of Sarah's Art Corner and say thanks for helping me reach my current goal of 200 followers. We're getting closer to Blog Candy Day!! I hope you'll take a few minutes to zip over, say Hi to Sarah, and tell her I sent you. Her blog is lovely.
 
Here's the card specs:


- Northwoods image colored with copics, spica pens with just a bit of Glossy Accents on the perched cardinal & tree stump where he perches. DI Vintage Photo was smudged around the edges of rectangle. EK Success punched photo corners from a snippet of red foil left from Christmas projects. There was a tiny snippet left, just large enough to diecut some Memory Box Resting Birds to add to the trees.

- background created using a metal Dreamweaver Birch Tree stencil over white GP; pan pastels in various shades of blues, with a bit of dark purple added in the top right corner. I quite liked this as a background, but sponging over the metal shreds a sponge quite badly. I had first tried using some Dylusions sprays over a purchased card blank. The paper was not strong enough to take the sprays and warped, although it did give a nice look. Adhered the background to a stone colored card blank from a sale package.

In the photo it looks as though the stamped image is placed a bit crooked, but when I look at the card, it looks straight. Hmmmm...so aggravating.The outer dark blue is a piece of navy cardstock placed behind the card for photographing. The card itself is the stone color.

So please take time to check out what the other DT mates have created for today's challenge over at Jo's and maybe join in the Friday fun. Rules are posted at Jo's, are very simple & it's very easy to link up. We'd love to see you there!

Have a great afternoon, a wonderful weekend, and Cyber Hugs.

25 comments:

  1. Wow! That's such a beautiful birch tree stencil. It made a fabulous bg for that gorgeous image. I was just at my back door taking pictures of cardinals in the trees. They're so pretty, as are yours in the trees.
    Super card, Mary. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Mary, I just love the silver birch trees and the gorgeous cardinals - love this! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely stamp Mary, and enhanced by that beautiful red cardinal. The background using the stencil and the white texture paste looks really good with the Pan Pastels in those different blues, and I really like the extra die cut birds. Beautiful card. You are getting very close to your 200 followers, I'm sure it won't be long now. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is awesome, Mary! Love the Northwoods image against the birch tree background. And the little red birds add just the right pop of colour. So perfect! And thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.
    hugs. Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, glad you found me in the end....sorry too not being around much..lovely card and those gorgeous birds... keep in touch.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Mary! Love the background and the cardinals are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Mary and I love what you did with that stencil! The little cardinals are so pretty perched up in the tree . Great spotlight card and love your sponging around the image. Gorgeous background for them in all that blue too. We have cardinals here all year long and I love standing at the kitchen window looking at them on the bird feeder and in the bird bath.
    Love your card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary-How beauutiful-gorgeous card :)
    Those birds are so lovely,have a great weekend,Hugs,
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Mary - looks like we are both into trees! Great card. Love your tree background and that cardinal really pops. Lovely colours. Thanks for visiting my blog. Really looking forward to joining in the fun at the CCC.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Mary! This is breathtakingly beautiful! Stunningly coloured and the stencil provides such a perfect backdrop to that fab stamp. Wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary, thanks for coming back and putting me right. I think I was reading GP as DP for dimensional paste. I know what you mean about metal stencils, because I did the same when using a Versamark pen with a metal stencil, it has ruined the tip, so I have to go out and buy a new one. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary, this is a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Momma Mary, this card is gorgeous!! I love the embossed trees and the bird are so sticking against them! I love, love that image and the way you colored it. Oh yes, it is a very stunning card!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mary, beautiful background for the gorgeous red cardinals. The blue & red together is fantastic. Have a great weekend, Shirley x ps... I have a blog candy celebration at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good afternoon Mary,
    Really love the ideas in your card. Using the little red birds give it a great pop of colour.
    Thank your comment and becoming a follower on my Blog, much appreciated
    Have a Great Weekend

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty Mary - did you know that the Cardinal is North Carolina's state bird? It is raining like crazy here and has been for some time. If it were snow we would be snowed in for a good while. Doesn't hurt my feelings none!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is gorgeous!! I love the background and the tree stamps!! I have a slight obsession with trees and this card is just absolutely stunning!! The cardinals add an awesome pop of color!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love this card, the image and background look so great together......I neeeed that stencil, you've done a great job with pan pastels, love the effect : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card!! love the birds

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful card, Mary! Love that background in contrast with the other brilliant reds and warm hues - really REALLY pretty! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing!!! I am so afraid if trying the spray techniques. You have done it so well. It makes me want to get over that fear and give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful scene! Love those trees with the nesting birds. i can not see any worp here...just a lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous creation Mary, I have that stencil must dig it out to play with again xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Isn't that odd how scanners and photographs sometimes insist that something is crooked or another color than it really is?! So persnickety! I'm quite fond of cardinals so this card especially speaks to me. The background mimics the stamp in the foreground so well. I like your snippet shiny cardinals!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful scene Mary I am just getting back into using pan pastels, gosh I love them. Your colored image with the fun birds is so pretty. Your little red corners pieces make the card look like an art piece.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete