Followers

11/06/2013

Thanksgiving Covered Bridge

Hello and thanks for visiting this afternoon. Today's card used an Impression Obsession image, colored with Copics. Then I decided to try again to make a trifold card (?is this called gatefold?) and I am still undecided if I'll leave the bellyband closure on it.

 

Above is the outside of the card, and papers used were from a 6x6 My Minds Eye pack, with a Cheery Lynn Kiwi Oval Frame (DL123) inner swirl on one side, and a motif cut from a Graphic 45 French Country Collection 8x8 pack. The border band was from a new MS deep edge punch. It may not stay with this card, but I was trying to devise a closure. The card base is a chocolate brown from a Recollections Neutrals pack.


- interior of the card; Impression Obsession H1781 red cling stamp, die cut with S/Binder Label 7, edged with DI Vintage Photo, Burlap and Stormy Sky.

- CL Kiwi Oval Frame, using MME paper; center portion of the cut is the swirl negative used on the front from the center of this die. There is a very intricate positive swirl left over. Blue background paper on the card fold is from a Paper Studio sheet (a large snippet) that worked nicely against the chocolate of the card base. Cut some motifs from G45 French Country to embellish the sides. Bottom trim -  small snippet strips from MME left from when front trim was cut.

I like this card, except for the band closure. DH suggested I try gluing a flat button on each side, add a tie ribbon. Since this will be mailed, buttons need to be as flat as possible

Going over to the Snippet Playground Week #97 after checking to make sure I didn't exceed the 3 card limit. I wanna see little Parsnip, don't you want to join us?

Have a wonderful afternoon, come again when you can. Always love to see what folks think of the cards, and I'm so delighted that you seem to like them & give me some good suggestions on feedback. I do appreciate that so much. Hugs.




8 comments:

  1. Mary, you just amaze me!! This is sensational. I love the pretty belly band and the outside AND inside!! Fantastic job!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Mary. I haven't made a gatefold in a long time. I love the inside....the covered bridge image is so gorgeous. I'm sure you'll get the closure just perfect to your liking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, Mary. I love covered bridges and yours is no exception. The trees are just as nice as the bridge. Very pretty images on the inside and outside is nice and peaceful looking with your berry twigs and polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that covered bridge! You did a great job on the tri-fold card. I find them hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary. Your covered bridge is gorgeous - love the fall leaves. Very cool how this card folds up ... lots of surfaces to decorate and have fun with! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to showcase that covered bridge with a blockbuster card! This is quite a creation to say the least! Beautiful earthy detail work makes this one very special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful tri fold card, and beautiful design Mary. Thanks for all your wonderful comments this morning, and yes that is my garden on my header. Donna is a kind friend who made it for me. I have MANY more gardens that you don't see in the photo, I love to design & work in my gardens, they keep me busy. Take care, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card Mary - tons of lovely detail and the covered bridge is amazing. I wonder what the history is of those in the USA - we don't have them here in the UK.

    Sorry I'm a bit late commenting - it's busy here right now.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete