Followers

1/27/2013

Recycled Cards

Good Afternoon and a Warm Welcome to my newest follower. I have been MIA for a couple of days, as DH has managed to contract this latest nasty virus that has been going around. We made an emergency visit to the doctor on Friday morning. Thankfully the office was able to work him in. When I came home Thursday after my stamp group, he was feeling badly, and it had come on suddenly after he'd lunched with a neighbor. At first he thought it was something he ate, but by the time I got home, he realized it was not 'something he had eaten'. Had a real bad night with vomiting, bathroom problems, etc. Friday he was just as bad, so called the doctors. This was our bad weather day, with ice expected, and I DON'T DO ICE! I knew he was not safe to try to drive, so off we go. I kept to main roads, and we don't live very far from the office, so all was well with the trip. He got a shot of 'something' & some very expensive pills plus Immodium. The shot evidently had something to put him to sleep, because he slept pretty much the remainder of that day, the night. He said he roused up a couple of times to heave & visit the bathroom, but nothing as bad as the night before. He's feeling much better this morning, but now has a real bad headache. All the above to convey that if you think you have this stuff, don't delay seeing your physician. The patient dehydrates quickly and your blood pressure can drop rapidly. So be extra vigilant about handwashing when you've been out & about (we are, he still got it, and I'm hoping I don't catch it). I've been trying to be very careful with wiping down anything he's touched, slept in a guest room, stayed away other than asking if I can do/get him anything.

OK, here's the specs on the card. This is part of a beautiful Christmas card we received, a part of which I already used here. I realized after I had diecut for the first card, that part of the scene would have been a perfect view out this Memory Box Grand Madison Window die. But it was already done, so I thought the beautiful silvery birches would make a nice scene outside the window. The little holly pieces were handcut from the card as well. The window frame was cut from Coordinations White Wash paper, sanded just a bit to reveal the brown core. and a W005 copic added some gray shading on the diecut. The blue cardbase was embossed with a Darice snowflake folder,  dry brushed with some Colorbox pigment white for highlights.

I've been going through my embossing folders, using white cardstock to make a folder size sample, first writing the company name, folder name, then embossing. I'm grouping the folders categories such as Holiday (which will be further separated as to Christmas - which I have the most - then Autumn, Halloween, etc). So far, after eliminating all the packing materials I had just left the folder in, I've been able to compress 3 boxes into 2 boxes. I still have a bunch in the blue zipper storage folders that Provo Craft first sold, which are now hard to find, and expensive if you do find them. These had plastic sleeves that fit specific size EF's. I want to go through those folders and continue to get 'theme specific' folders out, make a sample and keep like folders together. I spend way too much time hunting for a folder with the way I have them arranged.

So I hope your Sunday will be wonderful. If the weather is nasty where you are, be safe & stay warm & dry. As always, thanks for the visit, and I'll try to play catchup on my blog surfing! Hugs & Blessings.

6 comments:

  1. A stunning card, Mary. I had a window die for Christmas so I ought to give something like this a try. Hope your Hubby is recovering and you don't get it. Sounds a very nasty virus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary what a great way to recycle cards.Love the die and scene on the midnite sky! Embossing the snowflakes was a great idea. he bit of glitter/stickles? on the birch trees just finished it off!

    I don't have that MB window but have been eyeing it up at the LSS. I am waiting till they have a coupon for 40% off one line...then MB here I come!
    I have been keeping a list of dies I like and ones I have seen on blogs that look wonderful done up...I am adding this one.

    No nedd to pop back...I have been on a creating hiatus...same old CAS card still there!
    Finally going to get back to actually making cards today. DH is off for lunch with his friends and I have the house to myself! I have cards all planned in my mind...all the colouring done already and elements pulled and waiting...Let's hope I don't forget the plan!teehee Hope to have a card posted by tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! I'm so blessed to have found your blog. Your cards here are just lovely, and I would like to invite you to share your beautiful art with us on our challenge blog. Word Art Wednesday is a Christian challenge blog where we enjoy each other's fellowship, share our love for the Lord, and share our art in the chance of winning some great prizes. I hope you will stop by to fellowship with us and play along. I'd LOVE to see these gorgeous cards linked up in our challenges and to fellowship with you,
    Hope you will stop by!
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth, Blog Owner
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really beautiful card Mary, love it. I feel for your hubby as we had the very same thing late last year and it is not nice at all. Hope he is better soon. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this - would dearly love to have some snow here Mary. Hope your husband is well soon.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh Mary, I am so glad that you got Joe to the doctors and they were able to help him!! Vomiting will make you dehydrated very fast so it is not something to fool around with. This bug is very nasty and I pray that you don't get it too my friend. I pray that Joe continues to do better too!! Now I love your card! I love any window cards with a scene to the outdoors, so are just to pretty to me and your's is wonderful my friend! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete