Followers

12/08/2012

Christmas

Hello, and I hope it was a brighter day around your area than it was here in Upstate SC. It has been just a gloomy, gray day, misting rain late this afternoon. I had some errands to run, so have accomplished zip today. I did get a card finished last night, so here it is.  On to the card: Stamped the Stampendous cling Santa with Memento Espresso ink (a brown) on 2 pieces of white card stock. Cut the sharpest image of the 2 out as an oval. (oh yes, I used the Bonnies Best Stamp Press to get a sharp image, by the way, And I fussy cut the tree that hangs over the frame). I used daubers - like Qtips - to color the areas using appropriate Memento inks. Cut a piece of Sookwang sized to the oval, removed the backing so it would stick to my image. Rubbed the surface to get good adherence. Removed the top backing; holding it by the edges to keep fingers off the sticky part, dumped Ritz Cool White Highlight glitter over the entire surface. Brushed off the excess glitter back into the container. *I dumped the tiny jar of glitter into a square plastic container and it sort of spreads out a bit*. Much easier to apply to your project from a larger container than the tiny jar. Ok...then burnish very well with finger, to bring up a lovely shine. You can see this as it develops. Next trimmed my second image to desired size, and using Distress Inks Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, sponged around to create the vintage look I wanted. Used a gold gel pen to go over the swirls. I had previously used copics to color in just the frame. Before I adhered my glittered Santa to the 'postcard', I decided to use a gold pen to outline the oval edge. I used the Gold Gel pen to extend the swirls from the postcard over to the glittered Santa so that the look would 'flow'. Used an Elizabeth craft sticker for the sentinment, gold tree, and star. There is a mirror gold scant mat behind the postcard, and the layers were taped to a red textured Bazzil, top fold, embossed with Darice Damask EF. I tried to dry brush some Viva Decor gold paste over the raised surfaces, but the little pot is all dried up. (Got to check to see if I can add water or something to get it back to paste consistency!). So then I used the Tsukineko Delicata Gold with a little finger dauber to add a little gold on the embossing. This stamp was a sweet gift from my good buddy,  Bernie's Craft Closet and you might remember an earlier card I posted, just using copics to color. I like this one much better. Hope you will like it as well, and thanks so much for visiting.

3 comments:

  1. Mary, I know this just shimmers and shines!! SO BEAUTIFUL! Love that image and that's some great fussy cutting on the tree too! Lovely card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous Mary! Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow, this is just stunning Mary! Oh my I just love this vintage santa and love, love the glitter!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete