Followers

10/12/2012

Bon Voyage

Hello Fellow Bloggers. It's nearly the weekend, and I'm ALWAYS ready for the weekend. Here's a quick card share for our best friend of nearly 50 years, who is taking a trip to Italy next month. I was invited along, but with the Achilles surgery recovery, I thought I might not be the fun-est of traveling companion. This was a tuff decision to say No, because Rome has been on my Bucket List ever since I read about Michaelangelo taking 4 years of lying on a scaffold to paint the Sistine Chapel's ceiling. So would love to see that. I made the right decision, based on my walking stamina. OK...I'll list the card specs; perhaps that may make it easier to see how I made this card.

Impression Obsession Cover a Card (CC015) - Gradation - stamped in Fluid Colorbox Chalk Creamy Beige
I.O. CAC (CC088) - Passport - stamped in Fluid C/box Chalk Deep Lagoon
Paper House Cardstock Stickers - STCX-0061 - Rome
Bon Voyage stamp - Michael's $1 bin - Deep Lagoon ink

I used the Acrylic Mega Mount block by Impression Obsession to mount the CAC stamps. I learned in classes with I.O. that when doing the multiple stamping with these CAC stamps for a background, to start with the lightest color, then darker. There's a good video at the I. O. website. I'm not great with using stickers, but when I saw this set, I knew exactly on what card I could use them. I used a S/Binder rectangle die to cut out the center of the cardstock front after stamping with the CAC's, embossing around the space (which doesn't show well here). I adhered a teal c/s piece (ah, those handy snippets!) underneath, then stuck the Rome sticker to that. The other stickers are places I know will get visited on the trip. Be back later with a few pictures of 'around the yard' photos. Thanks for dropping in this afternoon. Hugs.


2 comments:

  1. Great Bon Voyage card Mary, hope you get to visit Italy one day it has so many beautiful cities to see. Have a good weekend x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the collage style cards and struggle whenever I attempt to make one. My cards wind up looking too symmetrical! lol!

    ReplyDelete