Followers

9/27/2012

Christmas

Welcome to my part of blogland, pour another cup of coffee(or tea), and let's have a little virtual chat! I'm on a roll with these Christmas cards. This is a lovely Northwoods stamp that was hunted up while I was disabled, and colored with copics. I love the sparkling red of cardinals. We see them at our birdfeeder. After coloring, some Snow Writer by DecoArt was used on the tree limbs. Added some coarse MS glitter while the snow was still wet. This is very pretty IRL. However, when I diecut & embossed the image, my snow flattened out. Lesson Learned: Save the snow effect until the last step! (well, I told you up front that I was learning!!! LOL). Used a S/Binder deckled rectangle to diecut the image, then the next size of the same die to do the red mat. The green paper is from a 6x6 BoBunny Mistletoe Collection. The green paper was embossed with the C/Bug Scalloped Edge folder, which cut a bit too deeply, although I liked the look. Next time I use this EF with paper, I'll back it with lightweight c/stock so it doesn't cut into the paper. Used some nice textured Bazzill for the cardbase. All it needs to finish is an appropriate sentiment and an insert. Could be for Christmas, but I could also use this image for a Winter card, don't you think? I believe I'll hop across the pond and see if the Rudolph Challenge is still open. This is a fun challenge with a most lovely group of ladies. Check this one out! Have a great day.
Edit: A very sweet blogger gave me the heads up that this card could qualify for the Penny Black and More Challenge, so I'll see if I can do the linking. Thanks Linda, for the info on the PB challenge. I do LOVE my PB stamps. 

12 comments:

  1. A wonderful card - I love the traditional colours. I wish we had cardinals in this part of the world - although the Robin is pretty cute too. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Christmas cards, great bit of stamping and love the traditional colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary . . . LOVING those Red Cardinals. Yes, you could definitely use this stamp for a winter birthday or something, not just for Christmas.

    Lovely card.

    You've maximised your chances of winning this month's Rudolph Day prize . . . . thanks for making 3 entries.

    Good luck.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your red cardinals Mary! I always throw crushed corn out the back door and they come right up and eat the corn on my patio! So this card reminds me of the winter here in PA with my beautiful birds!! I love the evergreen too, perfect card for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your red cardinals are super. Wish we had these birds here in England. They are so striking. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi mary, thanks for popping by and leaving such lovely comments! we occasionally see the cardinals in our backyard and i love seeing them. this is such a pretty card, the deckled borders look great, as does the red and green. you could also enter the penny black and more challenge because this month's theme is 'early christmas makes.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cardinals! Your card is lovely and it was fun the read the walk through of how you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi mary, so glad to see you join us this month at penny black and more with your lovely card featuring those beautiful cardinals.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another lovely card Mary with the robins, although I think they are cardinals in the States, but still very seasonal.

    Thanks for sharing another pretty card with us at Penny Black and More this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely traditional coloured xmas card Carolina. the The embossed background paper gives it that extra depth. So pretty.
    thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Penny Black and More and we hope you will join us again soon.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Mary! LOVE, LOVE, Love those cardinals. We don't have them here and I do miss them. We did have them on Maui, Mom fed them every day.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, love the birds and traditional colours.
    Thank you for joining the Early Christmas Makes challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete