Followers

7/10/2012

Birthday

Hi, welcome to my corner of Upstate SC. I'm here with another birthday card. Our family has a lot of August birthdays. This card is for another brother (#2 in the lineup of 5- I'm #6 in the sibling lineup). He worked all of his life for the Southern Railroad (it is now Norfolk-Southern). When I saw this Tim Holtz set, I thought it would be great for this birthday. The image was borrowed from a friend (Mary Witter of http://www.marywitter.blogspot.com/) who probably has every TH image produced! Image was stamped on Copic Xpress paper, colored with copics. Used SB Romantic Rectangles, #4, to diecut, sponged with Distress ink while still in the die. Used kraft for the cardbase, and cut some railroad images from design paper which was in a K&Company travel motif pack(only name on the cover is Specialty Paper). The railroad crossing sign was part of the TH stamp set, and was cut out after coloring. Thought about popping it up, but decided against that. On the insert I have some travel tickets that I've colored, distressed and cut out, which will be adhered after I place the inside sentiment. This is a fairly large card (used nearly all of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet...trimming off just a small portion after placing the elements on the folded area). I'm glad I can hand deliver it! Hope you enjoyed seeing it. See you next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment