Followers

6/13/2012

Operation Write Home

I'm using one of my favorite Penny Black floral images, Aspire, on this card. I had been experimenting with some pens on a leftover heat embossed image (so I hope this qualifies as a SNIPPET!) The image was handy when I brought home a few Marvy Le Pens, which have a very fine tip, more like writing pens. I decided to see how these pens colored over embossing. I think it worked quite well, and will use them again. So...I diecut the image with Spellbinder Label Four, die #4, used Distress Ink Antique linen to sponge while still in the die. Didn't like that look with my image colors, so sponged back over the Antique Linen with a Sage green, using a very light touch. Liked that look better. I also used the Out-of-the-Box technique when diecutting the floral image, so I didn't lose the tops of the stems. Used Label Four, #6 size to cut the medium purple mat from design paper. I used an MS punch on some dark green - another SNIPPET that was just handy in the scrap pile to cut the loopy background. I had some cream colored lace that I airbrushed with the Copic airbrush system, using V04 and then some BV colors to get the lace as dark as I wanted. As you can probably see in the picture, I had cut the lace, but it seemed to shrink a bit in the airbrushing. I had measured before cutting, and it was a perfect length. Called lesson learned, to remember next time. Adhered that to the loopy border, popped the image up. The cardbase is a sort of lime green textured Bazzill.  I have a new McGill punch set (Silhouettes & shadows) that I used to make the small purple shapes. Colored some Prima paper flowers with copics, added a pearl to the center. Used a small circle punch to cut the Happy Birthday Sentiment, which is stamped with Distress Ink, Concord & edged with the same color. I think this is going in the Operation Write Home bundle, and I'm hoping the playground swings will be free so I can play over at Pixie's. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/06/pixies-crafty-snippets-challenge-24.html

5 comments:

  1. Wow Mary, this is stunning! Reading all the detail about how you did it is so useful, ahem, even down to lace shrinking.

    Really beautiful result :)

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Mary this is knock your socks of gorgeous! LOVE EVERYTHING about it. Never would have thought to stamp over the image after coloring but its superb. Here's a tip I used if my snippet of ribbon or lace it to short. I cut it where it'll be under my image that way it'll reach to the edge of the card. HTH!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iv'e had that happen with lace and it is so annoying when it does. Your card looks lovey but my head is spinning after reading how you made it!!!!!. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - lots of detail and it's given you fab results. Great colour-scheme too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, this is lovely! There's so much great texture, and what a totally gorgeous colour combo! Love it!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete