Followers

4/14/2012

Sympathy

Good afternoon. What a gorgeous day we've had in Upstate SC...sunny, not too cool, not too warm. Lots of birds at our feeders, such fun to watch them. Have another card to share that has some new experimenting for me. I've not worked too much with vellum, so decided to try using some vellum with a new Sizzix embossing folder (Circles,Leaves& Diamonds). The vellum is from a pack bought at H/Lobby with a coupon, and the navy blue cardstock was some lightweight Recollections - probably from Michaels (also either on sale or with a coupon!). I embossed the front of the blue cs with the same Emb-F.  I've found that sometimes the cheaper, lightweight cs works better than the heavier Bazzill, which is so, so pretty. The oval was cut with Spellbinders, stamped with Momento Paris Dusk, embossed with Ranger clear emboss powder. I added pearls to hide the tiny glue dots adhering the vellum to the blue scalloped underlay. Because the base card was made with lightweight cs, I added some stabilizing to the inside, with the insert & added embellishments. I used the Spellbinder Lattice die (different sizes) on each side of the insert, adding some punched paper to the diecuts to dress it up a bit. MS punches were used, and I'm not sure what company made the script stamps.  It's never a joy to make sympathy cards, but hopefully this card will comfort the cousins who will receive it. Thanks for stopping by this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. This is STUNNING!!! I've never embossed velum before but after seeing this I soon will. Thanks for the great tip to stabilize your card from the inside. I can see making use of some of my light weight card stock now.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete